To configure your Gmail for ASU account on a Android please follow these steps:
There are a few things you should do first before beginning:
Note: The password you set at the above website is independent of your normal ASURITE password. If you change your ASURITE password in the future, your Gmail for ASU POP/Chat password will not be changed. However, you may always go to the above website to change your Gmail for ASU POP/Chat password.
- You can verify your Internet connectivity by visiting a non-ASU website in your Droid's web browser, such as www.google.com
- Before following the steps below please make sure your device software is up to date. These updates may contain patches related to mailbox synchronization and can help prevent any known problems.
1. Tap "Settings" on your Home screen.
2. Tap "Accounts & sync."
3. Tap "Add account" at the bottom of the screen.
4. Tap "Google."
5. Tap "Next."
6. Enter your ASURITE ID followed by @asu.edu and your Google POP/Chat password. For example, if your ASURITE ID is rsmith99, you would enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tap "Sign in."
Invalid Login Error?
If your known working password does not allow access on your mobile device, follow these steps:
Login to Gmail on a computer. (Note: Password is CASE SENSITIVE.)
At the bottom of the Inbox page, click on Last Account Activity.
Click on Close all other Activities.
Log out of Gmail and all other Google Applications.
Remove the battery from your mobile device and allow it time to reset.
Replace battery and power the device on.
Try to access Gmail on your mobile device again.
7. In some cases, you may be asked to enter a CAPTCHA phrase, If you are prompted, please enter the appropriate letters. If you do no see this screen, ignore this step.
8. Ensure that "Sync Contacts" and "Sync Gmail" are both checked. Then tap "Finish."
You can now send and receive messages by tapping the "Gmail" application on your Home Screen.
NOTE: If after following the steps above you are unable to connect your Gmail for ASU account with your email client your account may have been locked. See How to Unlock Your Google IMAP, POP, and Chat Account and follow those instructions. Once you have followed the steps to unlock your account trying connecting again.
If you require additional support, please feel free to contact our team at (855) ASU-5080, or check out our self-help options at http://help.asu.edu.